Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Men's shaving commercials

What's up with men's shaving commercials? Is there a reason that they always have to be so corny - they always show the close-up of the amazing razor, illustrate how incredible an experience it is to shave with the thing, and then end with the beautiful woman in awe of his newly shaven face.

Come on. I don't know one guy who likes to shave. I suppose that's why they have to try and entice men into shaving with the stupid commercials, but no one is buying into that. I'm for truth in advertising - tell it like it is. Guys, shaving sucks, but your significant other will appreciate it and be much happier to get close to you when you're not all prickly. It's the same reason that I go to the spa to get my legs waxed - I don't enjoy it in the least, but it's for a greater good.

3 comments:

Author said...

I have yet to find a razor that will actually shave my face smooth. If you stroke down, it's fine. But if you stroke the other way, it's like finger nails on a black board.

In terms of girl complaints, my own other option would be to grow a full beard. But that depends on the girl. Can't do it anyways.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they should all start waxing their faces. Or pursue laser treatments. I agree with the commercials being odd - are they all made in Sweden?

ar_kay_tee said...

I'm not a big fan of facial hair. It's OK on some men, but I prefer no beard. A 5 o'clock shadow is fine, and kinda sexy even, but not a full on beard.

Is Sweden where the weird commercials are made? I guess that would make sense...there seems to be an abundance of creepy and/or stupid commercials lately. L. and I were talking about this the other day, and both agreed that something weird is going on with ads.