Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Swing dancing lessons

I recently started taking swing dancing lessons with my boyfriend, L., and it's a total blast! He has already taken numerous lessons and been swing dancing for several years, so thankfully he's already got the whole lead thing down pretty well. He's just taking the classes for my benefit so that I can learn.

As we were in class yesterday, I realized how much more difficult it must be to learn the lead part. Not only do you have to know the steps, but you have to be really aware of hand and arm position so that the person following can figure out what the heck you want them to do. Now in many things in life I'm a leader, but here is a case where I'm just glad to follow. It's pretty cool how you can tap into another person the way that you do in dancing.

Also, I now have two really cute pairs of dance shoes - one that I use in classes and for more casual stuff, and a pair of fun, sexy heels for a night out. I like any sport where I get to wear cute shoes and dance with my handsome guy :)

No comments: