Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ashtray ads

Can we please call an end to the ads from this place? http://ashtraymouth.com/

The first time I saw one, my boyfriend and I were at a movie enjoying refreshments during the ads and film previews. Up pops these disturbing dolls, one of whom shoves a pile of shit in her mouth. Ick.

A couple of weeks later, I was stuck behind a bus on the way home that had the same doll with the shit in her mouth and the caption, "Kissing a smoker is just as gross."

Hmmmm. Really? Dunno about that. I've kissed smokers, and while not my favorite thing, I'm sure that I'd pick kissing a smoker over kissing a freaky doll with something nasty in its mouth. Ugh. The whole campaign is just not good...

On a related but much nicer note, keep up the good work E.! I'm very proud of you for quitting smoking b/c I'd better have you around when we're old and senile :)

No comments: