Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Toilet paper

This is the first time that I've ever had my own place, where I'm living by myself - no family, roommates, or husband. As such, everything that happens in my place is something that I do and know about based on that fact.

Tonight, my friend C. came over to see my new place, which was great because she is actually the one who brokered my mortgage on the place. So, I was excited to show her how well her hard work paid off :) We hung out here for a little while, and then headed over to a nearby restaurant to catch up. She then brought me back to my place, where we hugged and said goodbye. I headed up to my place, and having just drank several glasses of Diet Coke, felt the need to use the bathroom. I sat down and noticed a brand new roll of toilet paper on the spool and was (for a moment) completely confused because I wasn't the one who changed the roll. I was like, "I don't remember changing the roll today" and then it dawned on me that it was C. For a second, I was wondering who the heck had broken into my condo and changed the roll of toilet paper - and then wondered why they couldn't at least have cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed while they were at it ;)

Incidentally, I was recently told by the guys who fixed my toilet to use toilet paper with as much paper content as possible. The brands that have a lot of cotton in them tend to clog toilets pretty badly because they don't break down as well as the ones with all paper. That's just a tip for anyone who wants to avoid the whole $175 toilet repair call I incurred last week...

No comments: