Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Analytical tendencies

When you start having feelings for someone, inevitably you start to think about what you've felt for others along the way, and you think about which things are the same and which are different from what you've felt before. And then the fear settles in that you're going to mess it up somehow, because isn't that how you got here in the first place? Otherwise you'd be going down the exact same path, whether that was what was really right for you or not. I guess the other option is that someone else messed up and suddenly set you on a different path, and I suppose that's more of what happened to me in my last relationship. So, I dunno.

All I know is that at some point you just have to let go and see what it's really all about or you'll end up analyzing instead of actually living. And I guess the point of messing up is so that you'll learn from it all and not make the same mistakes again. Sigh...sometimes I am too analytical for my own good... :)

No comments: