Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Grammy Awards

So, Mariah Carey won 3 of the 8 Grammy awards that she was nominated for. The media seems to think that this is somehow a travesty of justice. If you read articles about the ceremony, the descriptions are all about how she was overshadowed, upstaged, etc.

Please - give me a break. First of all, she actually won 3 awards. Second, while she can put together some songs that are ear candy, she isn't even close to being as talented as U2. If you're going to lose to anyone, at least hope that you lose to someone who is clearly more deserving of the award.

I have to say that I even prefer Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone (despite the painful use of the letter "U" over the actual word "You" in the title) to Carey's latest songs. And, I've always loved Green Day, so it doesn't upset me in the least that they got the accolade for best record.

I know that musical taste is very personal, but I really couldn't figure out what all of the fuss was about with The Emancipation of Mimi. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't hear anything in it that I found particularly mind blowing. But, maybe that's just me...

No comments: