Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, we made it to the end of 2005, thank gawd. What a year. I won't even go back through all of the crap that went on with me, my family, and my friends, but suffice it to say that I think 2006 will rock in comparison to 2005.

Went out with my boyfriend, L., last night for dinner, a few games of pool, and some hot tubbing. Very, very nice evening.

Then tonight, went over to my friend, A.'s house to celebrate New Year's Eve with some friends. It was so much fun. Just a good girl's night in. We made a really good dinner, drank a ton of good wine, danced, and had an astrology lesson from A.'s friend, J. I learned that my sun sign is Aries, my moon sign is Libra, and my rising sign is Scorpio. Earlier in the night, I could have told you what that meant, but it's a bit lost on me now. Apparently though, they all make a very good combination (duh! - I mean, we're talking about me ;)) and it's good to have fire signs with air signs b/c they fuel each other. Then we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail after our midnight celebration. It was a really great way to wind down the year and just kick back with some awesome friends.

Tomorrow I'm going to help my sister move into her new house (yay!) and then head back to hang out with Kati and a couple of our other friends, K. and S., for a good night of food, drink, and pool. And then Monday, I'll rest and get ready to spring back to work on Tuesday when everyone is back in the office.

The perfect end to an imperfect year...and now the perfect end to my perfect night would be some wonderful sleep :)

2 comments:

Author said...

You, too, huh?

I've taken to looking at this as one of my best years in terms of personal growth and sucessesds, but in terms of a "feelin' good" year, it ranks about a 10.5 on my suck-o-meter.

ar_kay_tee said...

Yeah, I mean, there were some really fantastic things in 2005, but overall it was a pretty shitty year for most everyone I know. But, I do think that means that we all learned a lot and will go into 2006 with a better outlook on things :)