Sunday, January 22, 2006

Furniture update

I think I must have really pissed of fthe furniture gods or I'm the subject of some kind of cosmic joke. I was supposed to have my custom chair delivered this morning between 8-10 AM. I get a call about 9:00 AM from the delivery guy telling me that the warehouse changed the locks and he doesn't have a key to get in and get my chair. He'd been calling the warehouse for a couple of hours trying to rescue my poor chair (among other people's furniture), but to no avail. So, it seems that he will try to deliver it on Thursday afternoon when my other furniture is scheduled for delivery. I should be receiving my bar stools, TV stand, media cabinets, and bookcases from the other place on that day as well. I'm not holding my breath about the bookcases. After seeing the impossibility of getting the custom couch in the other day, I'm thinking that it will take no less than a miracle to get the bookcases in because they are huge. But, I suppose stranger things have happened - Britney Spears having procreated or president shrub being elected, for example.

I found another couch last weekend, and ordered it. According to the store, it should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Based on my experience so far, I'm going to wager that it will be more like 4-8 weeks, but as long as I can get my chair on Thursday, I don't really care. It would just be nice to have some piece of furniture that I can curl up in when I get home from work every day...

No comments: