Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Feels like home

I just got back from a movie (Tristan and Isolde) with some friends from work. That probably doesn't sound like anything big, but somehow it is. I finally work in a place where I really respect and like the people that I work with, and I've made good friends with them. Yeah, we deal with crap, and sometimes we deal crap to one another, but we're a team and in the end we all come through. And I work with some of the most amazing women that I've ever met in my life - women who are so smart that I can't even fathom how cool they are and how cool it is that I'm part of that group. I work with really smart men too, but it's so awesome to be around such smart and powerful women.

And hanging out with them is just a blast. I had no idea when I took this job that I'd make such great friends out of my co-workers. So, somehow I finally feel like I've arrived. It feels like home.

1 comment:

Author said...

That's a great post, RK. I think you've worked hard enough to deserve a feeling like that years ago, to tell the truth.