Friday, January 06, 2006

Dumb computer software

My friend burned a CD recently and lent it to me. I threw it into my computer and listened to it, but of course all of the tracks show up without any information - no song title, no band info, etc. So, I listen to it but have no idea who's playing or what the songs are actually called (aside from what I glean from the chorus in the songs).

Anyway, I throw the same CD in my 4 year-old Sony CD player, and what do I get? SONG TITLES on the display! That's right - my friend plugged the info into whatever software they ripped the songs from originally, and that information got burned to the disc. And it shows up on my CD player. Now, why can't my computer software display the same information?

So many questions, so little time...

No comments: