Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Season of change

It's definitely turning out to be a season of big changes for me. Not only did I recently get engaged to L., but I also just accepted a new job. I interviewed for a couple of different teams at my workplace, and got offers from each. Today I made my decision and accepted the one that I thought would be the best fit. It was a really difficult decision because both teams are really incredible, and I knew that I'd be lucky to work on either one. Today, I told several people on my current team that I was leaving, and they were all sad to see me go. And I have mixed emotions about leaving, because I have really loved the product that I'm working on and the people that I work with. But a couple of things helped me decide that it was time for a change, and I know that this new position will bring me great challenges and opportunities for growth. It's always hard to leave the people that you love to work with, but I am confident that I'll make good relationships on my new team and keep in touch with the old.

1 comment:

MeganZ said...

Congratulations!! Seems like a good idea - you've been on your current team a long time now and change can be a great thing!! Email me and tell me where you're going. :)

On the wedding side, we highly recommend Clise House at Marymoor Park - GORGEOUS, indoor/outdoor possibilities, and because it's a county facility it's not so insanely pricey.