Monday, October 15, 2007

Not funny

I love watching comedy routines. I'm always up for some good comedians on Comedy Central. But, I have to say that I really don't understand the hype about Sarah Silverman. I don't dislike her, but I just don't really think she's that funny. I watched her new show, and the one this week was about her licking her dog's butt. Call me crazy, but something about that just doesn't tickle my funny bone. I've seen her on several other shows, and she makes some interesting observations, but nothing really struck me the way most comedians do. I realize that she's the comedienne du jour, but I guess I'm just not into her humor.

One person that I really can't stand, though, is Carlos Mencia. He annoys me, and I just think he's stupid rather than funny. Oh well, to each his own. I just really wish that Dave Chappelle would come back.

2 comments:

Author said...

Sarah Silverman tends to say stuff that's politically incorrect in the hopes that it shocks people into laughing nervously. Sometimes I think that's funny. Sometimes I don't.

ar_kay_tee said...

Yeah, I guess. I think I like her stand up better than her new show though.