Thursday, October 11, 2007

Interesting article about Kucinich

The Stranger just published a really interesting article about Dennis Kucinich. According to a survey that I took recently, Kucinich's platform most closely aligns with my political views. I immediately thought, "Ugh", because there is just something about him that I don't like. But, after reading through the article, I can finally pinpoint that quality - arrogance. His constant "I was right" or "I am right" attitude. It's good to have confidence, but some people just take it to a level that irks the heck out of me.

And after reading that he only recently became pro choice and in the past has supported all kinds of legislation to limit a woman's reproductive choices, I can definitely say that I wouldn't vote for him. I don't think any congressman should be dictating what a woman can or can't do with her own body. Period. And it's just a little too convenient that he changed his stance on that after running for the presidency. No thank you.

No comments: