Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dancing with the stars shocker

If you are following Dancing with the Stars and don't want to know who was voted off tonight, don't click the following link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14573491/.

All I can say is that this was just plain wrong. There are three couples that deserved to be in the bottom last night, and this couple was not one of them. Not even close.

In related news, I wish that they'd give that Samantha Harris co-host the boot. She's got the most useless job on the show, and she can't even pull that off. I've never seen a native English speaker have so much trouble with the English language, save for president shrub. Maybe he'll have a future in hosting television programs after his term is up...

Thankfully, I have DVR, so I record the shows for L. and me to watch, and we fast forward through all of the commercials, as well as most of the second night festivities unless there is an interesting performance to watch. Of course, we stop for each of the segments where they tell a couple whether they're safe or in the bottom two. For the first night shows, we probably get a good 45 minutes of actual program with the other 45 minutes being commercials and needless commentary by Samantha Harris while waiting for scores. The second night, we whittle down to about 10 or 15 minutes, tops.

I can honestly say that as much as I hate Comcast (especially after they got rid of the Microsoft Enhanced version of their DVR service and went to this completely horrible new DVR service), I am at least thankful that I can record a show and fast forward through all of the crap without having to worry about VCR tapes, etc. Which reminds me, if you're as pissed off at Comcast for the DVR dis-service that they recently rolled out, feel free to fill out the following survey and give them a good piece of your mind. It's enough to make me think about moving to Tivo or Dish Network.
https://www.teamcomcast.com/survey/survey.asp?s=01094254231184010197

1 comment:

lonmowerman said...

You know me and my conspiracy theories - ok, so what's up with the latest elimination: just more artificial suspense, or was it truly Comcastic? No spoilers, please, haven't seen it yet. :-)

Guess who, --L