Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More snow

Brrrr... It's cold and snowing. I'm really tired of all of this snow. I live in (or rather, near) Seattle for many reasons, but among the most important is the temperate climate. It's like we switched places with the east coast this year or something, because they've been unseasonably warm there. I wish that the snow would stay in the mountain passes, where skiers, snowboarders, etc. can enjoy it without it interrupting everything in the city.

Traffic is pretty much crawling, and people still at work are taking up to an hour to get out of the parking lot. I'm glad that I decided to work from home today in anticipation of the weather. Although they are much more prepared this time than they were in November, it will freeze over night and become icy, which is always a good combination with driving (not).

Check out the brief video from my backyard:


Video: Snow Day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, looks like the view outside my balcony (or rather window) too!

gcb said...

IIRC the wacky weather here and in the Northeast is due to El Niño.

ar_kay_tee said...

Hmmm, interesting. For some reason, I thought that this was due to La Niña, not El Niño. I thought that we usually had better weather during El Niño. I must be mistaken :)

Author said...

Soooon I will be home...

ar_kay_tee said...

Bring your winter coat :) I'm looking forward to having you back home again!