Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday vacation

I love this time of year. You get time off in both November and December for the holidays. It just sucks that we don't get anything again until May. That's a long stretch.

Anyway, this week is a bit busy, because I'm getting ready to fly to Montana for Christmas with my boyfriend and his family, and then we're going to Canada to go skiing with my family. I finished up a good deal of work today, and then went out with a friend to a cool jazz show at a bar with some of his friends. They even played a couple of jazzy Christmas tunes, which was nice. Good time with good people.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have to go warp speed to get all of my packing done and ready to take off on Friday morning. I've never been to Montana before, so I'm looking forward to seeing everything even though I know that it's going to be really cold. At least I'll have L. there to keep me warm, and since his body temperature is always a lot warmer than mine, I'll just have to cuddle up.

What is it with guys and body temperature? I've never dated a guy who wasn't consistently several degrees warmer than me. And it's always my feet and hands that are freezing. I read somewhere that women's bodies sacrifice the extremities to keep the womb area warm. While that's a sort of interesting theory, I'm not sure how far I'd get attracting a guy and procreating without limbs. So, that plan seems a little flawed. Dunno.

No comments: