Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hef is a tired old man

Those who know me well, know that I love trash TV. Every so often, I'll catch an episode of the Girls Next Door (about Hugh Hefner's three girlfriends). It totally cracks me up, mostly because his girlfriends do and say some of the dumbest things. I also find it amusing that Holly (who I actually kind of like despite all my better judgement) has a silly idea that one day HH will get rid of the other girlfriends, propose to her, and they'll have kids. I hate to say it, but he's been there, done that, and then done away with it. Holly, girlfriend, it's time to get real. The lifestyle doesn't bother me, but the completely unrealistic hope of his settling down now is just too much. You're too smart for that.

But, I digress. What I really wanted to talk about is how HH really strikes me as someone who is just trying to keep up appearances at this point. The girls are always running around, laughing, etc. and then HH will show up for a minute in his pajamas, and then head back out. In one episode, he was bowling with a large group of buxom babes, and he just looked bored, despite the fact that they were all wearing next to nothing, and bouncing around. So, maybe HH is proof that you can get too much of a good thing. And once you hit that point, there just ain't no going back.

No comments: