Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dog sitting update

Tomorrow is my last day dog sitting for Diego. My parents get back from their cruise, and they'll pick him up sometime tomorrow. It's been a really fun week with Diego. I took him to work on Friday morning, and he met a bunch of my co workers. He was very good, and only barked once when we were playing with one of his toys.

Today, L. and I took Diego over to play with my cousin's dog, Hoover, who is about a gazillion times bigger than Diego. Diego is like Hoover's mini-me. They didn't hit it off real well at first, in part because Hoover wasn't feeling very well and Diego seemed to think that it was his job to bark and growl at Hoover, despite the fact that we were at Hoover's house and Hoover could swat Diego into oblivion. But, toward the end of the visit, the dogs both calmed down a little and were OK as long as Diego didn't get too close to Hoover. Whenever Diego would wander closer to Hoover, Hoover would either promptly jump off of the couch or give a warning growl. We're hoping that they get along a little better next time. I think it would have been different if Hoover wasn't feeling sick and if Diego wasn't being such a puppy.

I'll be sad to see Diego go tomorrow, but somewhat relieved. Puppies are a lot of work and require a lot of attention. But it has gotten me out on the Burke Gilman a bit more frequently and has led to a lot of laughs, because puppies are definitely funny.

No comments: