Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dog sitting


I'm dog sitting for my parent's poodle, Diego, this week. Diego is a black toy poodle, and he's very smart and funny. Diego is (what my friend E. calls) a "snack dog". This term never ceases to crack me up. I prefer snack dogs, because they are easier to care for and for some reason they are a lot less stinky than big dogs. When they do get stinky, you can just dunk them in the bathtub for a quick bath and viola! They smell good again.

Since I was in San Francisco through Monday night, L. picked Diego up on Saturday night and watched him until I got back from my trip. It was a bit touch and go in the beginning, as Diego seemed to get a bit sick (probably because he was upset at my parents leaving), but he's doing better now and eating regularly. I've been walking him along the Burke Gilman trail, and was going to take him over to my cousin's house for a doggy play date with her black standard poodle, Hoover. However, we rescheduled for Saturday, which will be a bit easier for both of us. I'm really looking forward to seeing them play together. They've been together a couple of times, but not for any extensive period of time, so it should be fun.

I can definitely say that I'll wait to get a dog until I get a place where I'm on the ground floor. It is a bit of a chore to take the dog downtairs several times a day, especially when I relish wearing pajamas all day long when I'm kicking around the house.

No comments: