Thursday, June 21, 2007

Heavenly massage

Yesterday afternoon I was treated to an hour-long massage at The Sanctuary Spa in Redmond. My manager treated all of us to massages to thank us for the hard work that we've been doing this year. It was nothing short of amazing. When I first got there, I got to take a eucalyptus steam shower to loosen up a bit. Then I went in for my massage where my shoulders, neck, and legs all got a good rub. Afterward I was given a nice warm restorative drink and some time to sit with a heat wrap around my neck while I listened to the waterfall. I walked out of there feeling like a million dollars. I can't remember the last time my neck and shoulders felt so free of tension.

I used to get a half hour massage each week at work. We had a masseuse who setup in one of our conference rooms, and we could go get a nice respite from the work day. That always felt nice, and I think it was good for me to do. Now that we no longer have that luxury at work, I've become bad about doing such things for myself. After yesterday, I decided that I should try to get a really good massage in once a month. Of course, going to the spa is much more expensive, but it's also much more comprehensive and I think that doing it once a month would even out about right with when I used to go each week for the half hour session. It's definitely worth it.

No comments: