Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting back on track

Finally, finally, finally - I may finally be getting over all of this stupid cold/flu business from the last few months. I hesitate to say too much about any of it, and I will make sure to knock on wood right now to not jinx anything.

I celebrated my 31st birthday last Wednesday, and it was an interesting feeling. I went out to dinner and a play with my mom, since L. is still away for work in Brazil. During our dinner, I talked with my mom about where my life is at right now, and how I'm not really sure what's next but I figure there has got to be *something* else coming along the way. She said that she felt the same way in her early 30s, and mentioned the book "Passages" by Gail Sheehy. She fished it out of her library over the weekend, and passed it on to me for a good read. Based on the first several pages, I can say that nothing as traumatic as having someone have their face blown off right in front of me has happened recently, or ever for that matter. So, I don't yet connect with what she is saying, but then I'm not quite 20 pages into it yet. So, we'll see. My mom swears that this answered a lot of questions for her, so I'm sure that there will be some good info to glean from the pages.

Other than that, I think I'm finally getting the point where I can focus on the diet and exercise stuff again, which will be good. Being sick for a few months can really throw a wrench into weight loss, and I'm frustrated that I've actually gained. That's what happens when my butt is glued to the couch instead of the balance ball. Oh well. This is going to be a lifelong issue, I'm afraid, so I'd better get used to times where I'm thrown off track and gain some, and then need to work hard to get it off again. Whee!

No comments: