Saturday, March 14, 2009

Theo Chocolate

Today, my manager took our team to an offsite morale event at The Chocolate Factory in Freemont, house of Theo chocolates. They have the incredible distinction of being the only organic and fair-trade chocolate factory in the US. We got to go on a tour of the factory (which even included hairnets!) and hear all about the history of chocolate and how they make chocolate at the factory. It was a really cool afternoon, and it was full of many wonderful samples of their goods. I had no idea how much work it actually takes to get chocolate into its yummy form that we are familiar with. I was also surprised at how much it smells like coffee beans when it starts out. I bought several bars before we headed out for lunch at a local Italian restaurant. It was a really fun day with the people on my team, and I think it was much needed. We've been working really hard and it was time to get out of the office together and connect on a different level than our normal day-to-day stress of trying to get our documentation planned, written, and published.

No comments: