Monday, March 09, 2009

Or it's because she's a plastic doll

The hypertext for this link read "Barbie & the Big 5-0: How the Birthday Girl Stays Georgous and Relevant." Then when you click on the link, you see, "A Barbie World: No wonder Barbie looks so great at 50—the ultimate blonde bombshell has 25 hair and makeup pros on call."

Ummmm. Right. Or it's because she's an inanimate object that does not possess the capability of aging. You know, because she's a pastic doll. Contrary to the article, I don't think she's had botox. Not to say that I didn't like Barbie when I was a girl. I had several Barbies, one Ken (who was shared by all of the girls at various times), the Barbie mansion, and the Barbie Ferarri. I also had the Barbie dance club, which had a dance floor that you could strap Barbie's feet in and move a lever to make her move from one side to the other. I'll never forget the endless hours my friends and I spent playing with our Barbies, doing their hair, and making clothes for them. But you know, at the end of the day my Barbies never grew back their hair or had their arms put back on when something bad happened (we also had many experiments to see how tough Barbie was), because she was a doll. No botox or lipo required.

1 comment:

Author said...

(we also had many experiments to see how tough Barbie was)

>>>LOL! All toys are eventually subject to the childhood obsession with various extreme temperatures.