Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Blog update

So, yesterday I deleted the last couple of blog entries because I was receiving a virus popup when I came to my blog page. My antivirus caught it immediately each time, but still. It turned out that it happened on all of the blogspot blogs that I read, but before I realized that, I'd already deleted my last couple of entries, including the one about getting our new toy poodle puppy, Oli. In any case, it looks like Computer Associates (CA) was coming up with false positives about this particular "virus", so there wasn't actually an issue and I deleted those entries for nothing. But oh well. I didn't want to be causing any issues for anyone who read my blog. Luckily it turned out to be a non-issue.

In any case, L. and I are having so much fun with Oli. I took him to work today and he met all of my co-workers. Everyone agreed that he is a really sweet little dog and I have a ton of offers to walk him and watch him when I'm in meetings. It's quite nice to have such a great group of people to work with, who actually want you to bring your dog into work. I'll do this for awhile until Oli gets a little bit older and can be at the house on his own for a longer period of time. But right now, at nine weeks, he's just too young to be at home while L. and I are at work all day. Come Thursday, I'll have my own office again, so that will make things easier with taking Oli into work. He did really well today, and his potty training is coming right along. He does really well with his papers, and he's figuring out now how to let us know that he needs to go out. We've only had a few accidents with him in the house, and nothing that was too terrible. He's incredibly smart and is already learning how to fetch and recognize his name. I've been reading up a lot on dog psychology these last few weeks to figure out how best to integrate him into our family and train him. There are so many books out there and differing views. Things have definitely changed since the last dog I raised over 12 years ago.

I have to say that having little Oli has really enriched our lives already. We have so much fun with him, and he makes me laugh all the time. I love watching him play with his "uncle" Diego (my mom's toy poodle) and "cousin" Malcolm (my sister's schnoodle). Both Diego and Malcolm play really nicely with Oli, and Malcolm even tosses toys for Oli. It cracks me up to watch a dog playing fetch with another dog. Too cute.

No comments: