Saturday, December 20, 2008

Musical confession

I have a confession to make. I downloaded Britney Spears's new album, Circus, from iTunes earlier this week. It's surprisingly good. The title track is catchy and has a good beat. Out from Under and Unusual You are really lovely. I liked Womanizer when it first came out, and was pleased that the other tracks on the album are really well done. The album scored 3-1/2 stars from a Rolling Stone review, with Rolling Stone users rating it higher at 4-1/2 stars. Most of the songs would be great for working out or bouncing around the house while cleaning. I listened to it tonight while I wrapped Christmas presents.

I'm glad to see Britney making some progress in her life. As I wrote about awhile back in my post, Oh Britney, I really wanted to see her take some time off and heal. So, it's good that she's back in the studio and producing something akin to the days at the height of her career.

No comments: