Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sometimes it's right on

This is my horoscope for the week of December 11th. I haven't checked my horoscope forever, it seems, and I was looking through The Stranger, remembering Freewill Astrology and the weird horoscopes that sometimes appeared. So, I searched online for Freewill Astrology, and bravo, there it was.

It's an ideal time for you to throw a party for all the people you've ever been and all the different selves who live within you now. Invite the teenager who once seethed with frustrated potential and the four-year-old who loved nothing more than to play. Include the hopeful complainer who stands in the shadows and dares you to ask for more, as well as the brave hero who comes out every now and then to attempt seemingly impossible feats of happiness. Don't forget any of the various personalities who have contributed to making you who you are. Celebrate your internal diversity. Marvel at how good you are at changing.


This is actually pretty close to how I've been feeling lately. Grappling with the many pieces of me who have come before and those yet to develop. I've been reflecting on my life a lot in the past few months due to the big changes L. and I recently made, and upon reconnecting with some old friends and making new friends. It's interesting that after not seeing my horoscope for probably over a year now, I somehow came across this one at this exact time. Sometimes it is right on.

No comments: