Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rough day

Ugh, today was rough. I worked from home today and Oli was a little hellion...all day long. I took him outside frequently, but despite that he was determined to pee on the carpet in rebellion instead of go to the door or pee on his pads. I practically had to drag him around the coul de sac for one short walk at lunch time. And he was very growly and grumpy all around.

I think that yesterday was too much for him with going to my work and meeting so many people. Tonight I finally quarantined him in his exercise pen for awhile this evening to save my family room carpet from any more damage. Thank goodness for Nature's Miracle cleaner. He did alright playing with L. after L. got home from work, but then he got ornery again. So, he's in his crate now fast asleep. I think he got way overstimulated yesterday and this morning when my sister and her dog were around. He hasn't made a peep for over an hour and a half. I'm hoping that some additional rest will help him go back to his little sunny personality again. Tomorrow he'll have to be at home by himself for about 6 hours in his exercise pen, but it will be pretty cushy. He has his doggy bed, toys, food, water, papers, and crate in there. I have back-to-back meetings all day tomorrow, so L. is going in to work early so that he can get home early to let the dog out. Maybe a day on his own will help little Oli recover. We can only hope!

No comments: