Monday, January 28, 2008

20/20 week 2

I've started my second week in the 20/20 program. As I posted in my last entry, I lost almost 6 pounds in my first week. I will weigh-in again on Thursday afternoon and see what kind of progress I've made in the second week.

I worked out with my trainer again on Friday, and I did a good 35 minutes of cardio and finished up the hour with weights and core work with the exercise ball. I cooled down while bicycling and watching a video on the importance of sleep. It's crazy how important sleep is to not only weight loss, but overall health. Since I've been working out, I've been sleeping a lot better and a lot more soundly.

On Saturday I met up with my friend J. for swimming. She showed me some cool tricks with a kick board and flippers. It was a really good workout.

For my diet, I added back in non-starchy vegetables this week. I'm still doing the shakes four times a day, plus lean protein twice a day, and now four to six servings of vegetables a day. It was really nice to have a salad with my chicken breast today, and to be able to snack on crunchy carrots.

I rescheduled my training appointment from today to Thursday because of the snow and road conditions today and tonight. I'm actually bummed because I really look forward to my workouts now. And once you start losing several pounds a week, you really want to keep that momentum going. So, tonight I'll have to figure out some way to get in a little cardio workout.

No comments: