Friday, February 01, 2008

Week 2 recap

I worked out with my trainer, J. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. I can definitely say that I'm sore and I feel muscles that I forgot I had. Each day we've done about 35 minutes of cardio work, and then moved onto strength training. I've done arm weights the last three days, and he switched up the leg weight exercises a bit over the last few days. Today we did arms and focused on ab work.

I was kind of bummed out last night because I weighed in yesterday and had only lost an additional .4 pounds over the last week. Yes, that decimal is on purpose. So, I was pretty upset about that. But, my dietician pointed out a couple of things that I need to focus on with my diet, namely eating more often and trying to fit everything in throughout the day rather than eating my dinner and snack so late. So, that will help. Because I need to focus on this a bit more, I decided to hold off on adding cheese into my diet. So, we'll give that a go next week.

We also talked about how the body is designed to try and keep weight on. And because of all of the workouts and such, the weight may have more to do with muscle than fat at this point. I can definitely tell that things are starting to fit better, so that's nice. It's just always so good to see the scale move when you're doing so much work.

I'm proud that I didn't lose it last night. I felt more resolve and decided that I just need to work harder to push past this point. Normally, I'd grab some fries or a piece of bread and jam, and make myself feel better with food. But last night I came home and did my diet, took my shower, had a little cry, and then went to bed early. I woke up this morning feeling much better. This is definitely one of the most difficult things I've done in my life, but very rewarding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the disappointment - but you're going in the right direction! That's almost 1/2 a pound, and over two weeks that over 3 lbs/week, which is really impressive! Keep going - you can do it.

ar_kay_tee said...

Thanks :) It's nice to have a vote of confidence. I'm going to try to worry a little less about the numbers and more about how I feel. I can definitely feel a shift in my energy level and my endurance, so that is exciting. Things like that make this whole thing worth it alone!