Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First personal training visit

I met with my personal trainer, J., for the first time today. We hit it off well and I think that he'll be good at keeping me motivated and on a good workout routine. Today we spent the first part of the session going over my background and he followed up on any questions that he had before getting me started with the exercise part of things. We spent the last 40 minutes on the elliptical machine and I tracked my heartrate with my new handy-dandy heart rate monitor. The kind that I have actually transmits to the machines, so I can see my rate at all times and my monitor beeps if I go over my high point. J. talked me through the workout and it went by amazingly quickly. I finished up by bicycling while watching a program video about getting started with the program.

I'll meet with J. again on Friday, and this time we'll add the weights into the mix, since we're through with the intro stuff. I meet with my nutritionist for the first time tomorrow. Tonight, I had a couple of pieces of toast with butter and jam. It will be my last grain serving for some time - until phase 7 if I remember correctly. I also had an orange. I won't get oranges back for a few phases either. They say that once you get balanced on this, a lot of your cravings go away, so I'm counting on that. I'll probably be a bit crabby for the first week while adjusting, so I've warned L. and he's prepared for things to be a bit touchy in the beginning. But, I'm optimistic that it will be worth it and at each phase, it will be a treat to add small things back into my diet.

No comments: