Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is it really the week before Christmas?

Really? It sure doesn't seem that way. Despite the fact that Thanksgiving came early this year, I didn't even get my Christmas tree up or any decorations out. It's in part because I've been so busy with my new job and just pooped when I get home, and in part because of some of the difficult things going on in our family right now. At least I got my Christmas cards written and mailed, and all of the gifts are wrapped. So, that may be the extent of what I can do this year.

L. and I will be spending Christmas Eve at my dad and step mom's house with whatever other family members decide to show up. Who knows, it may be just us, my parents, and an aunt and uncle or two. And we'll spend Christmas day at my mom and step dad's house with my sister P. and the kids, and my sister L. and her boyfriend. Right now it doesn't look too good for P.'s husband to show up. Then, on the 29th we'll fly to Montana to visit L.'s mom and step dad. We'll spend New Year's Eve with them and then come home on the 2nd.

So, things will certainly pick up next week. I'll work Wednesday through Friday next week before we leave for Montana. From past experience, this time of year is one of the only times I actually get significant work done while at work. It's amazing how different it is when I have no meetings and only a few people are in the office.

No comments: