Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas recap

L. and I had a very nice Christmas celebration with family and friends this year. On Saturday night, we got together with Kati, S., and K. for dinner at Beppo's and games at Jillian's in downtown Seattle. I hadn't seen any of them for at least a few months, so it was good for us to all get together and catch up. I actually did well at pool this time, but sucked at air hockey. I'm amazed at how sore my arm was the day after air hockey. I can definitely say that I really get into the game.

On Sunday, L. and I took it easy because he was getting over a cold and I was just getting into one. We went to a couple of places to finish up some last minute shopping, and stopped by my cousin's house to drop off some presents for them to take over to my family in Eastern Washington. Little T. opened his presents while we were there so that I could see his reaction. I got him a couple of tee-shirts from my various trips this year, and he thought they were cute. But clothes never get as big a reaction as toys when it comes to little kids; clothes tend to thrill the parents, though.

On Christmas Eve, L. and I made our way down to Federal Way to spend the evening with my dad and step mom's family. We had the traditional prime rib dinner, complete with everything you'd love to gorge yourself on. I had a great time, despite the fact that my cold continued to worsen and I didn't feel so great after stuffing myself that night. I got to thinking about it, and I hardly ever eat red meat anymore, so I wonder if that had something to do with it, too. I love a good steak, but only eat one on rare occasions, and I never feel that great afterward. I'm not vegetarian or anything, but I gave up eating hamburgers and such a long time ago.

Yesterday, we went to my mom and step dad's house for Christmas Day celebration with my sisters. My sister L. brought her new boyfriend, R. My sister P. brought over my niece and nephew, and her husband ended up showing up after all. It was a good day, overall, and I'm still hopeful that she and her husband will work things out. It's still very iffy, but I'm praying for them.

As usual, I was totally spoiled. Tonight I sat down and wrote out my thank you cards as I was putting things away. I always have a hard time finding places for everything, and of course you always end up with one thing that you're just not sure what to do with. But, it's the thought that counts, so I'll try to figure out how to use it or give it to someone who can use it.

L. gave me a set of beautiful earrings and a necklace from Something Silver. And he got me a Lorac makeup set and the Jean Paul Gaultier Classique perfume that I had my eye on. He also went out and got me all of the Smashing Pumpkins albums and singles from their last release (since they released several different versions with varying bonus songs and I had only gotten the one from iTunes). He was really cute about the CDs, too. He wrapped each one individually, and then wrapped them altogether so that I was thrown off the scent.

I stayed home from work today because I was still fairly sick. Yesterday was fun with the family, but I slept a lot in between the festivities because I wasn't feeling well. I slept until after 3:00 PM today, but felt a bit better after waking up, so I must have needed the rest. Hopefully I'll feel even better in the morning because I am going back to work for Thursday and Friday before we leave for Montana.

Hope that everyone else had happy holiday celebrations as well!

No comments: