Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's fall again

It's officially becoming fall in western Washington. Today it was that interesting mix of freezing cold and then nice in the afternoon. I went for a walk on the Burke Gilman trail this afternoon, and saw sockeye salmon coming up the Sammamish slough as I stood on the bridge between Leary Way and West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE. And many of the trees are starting to turn beautiful autumn shades. I love this time of year. There's always a small time period between the nice summers and the nasty fall/winter around here. It's one of my favorite things.


Update
I thought I'd post a picture of the salmon from the bridge. They're so beautiful and I love standing there watching them. It's not a fabulous picture, because it's kind of dark considering the bridge and plants on the banks, but you get the idea.


No comments: