Thursday, April 05, 2007

Judge Judy

I love the court show Judge Judy. I know that she's not everybody's cup of tea, but there is something about her that I just admire. There are times when I can only dream of being able to say something as scalding as she does. And to be honest, if you're dumb enough to go on that show, you deserve all that she dishes out.

One thing that totally cracks me up, though, is how she refers to email and the Internet. She always asks her Officer Byrd questions when it comes to things like that and says, "because I, myself, do not use that machine." Like email is a machine or the Internet is a machine instead of realizing that they are a complicated network of servers, computers, and numerous services, protocols, and applications. Maybe she doesn't really need to know the particulars, but I find it somewhat irresponsible of her to not learn something about those technologies considering a lot of cases these days involve email and the Internet. I mean, if part of your job is understanding all aspects of a case, shouldn't you at least have a little bit of knowledge in that area? At least understand something about eBay and Craig's List.

Oh well. She's light years ahead of most people intellectually, so what do I know. All I know is that I enjoy her program and all of the clueless people who end up there.

No comments: