Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dear back muscles

I am sincerely apologetic that I have upset you so. You know that I understand that you are my one and only back, and that I try to be very good to you. I know that you decided to throw yourself out several years ago, and that you're threatening to do the same now. I would really appreciate it if you'd forgo that part of it and just let me take very good care of you the next few days so that you feel back to your normal strength and don't cause pain when I try to move.

I realize that we humans have not developed the world in a back-friendly way. For instance, I am aware that my bathroom sink is not placed at a level that makes brushing teeth very easy. And getting things out of the refrigerator isn't exactly possible without bending. So, it is critical that you get better so that I can do such things without being in pain. It would also be nice to sit again, so that I can type in an upright position instead of laying on the floor.

Sincerely,
Your body

5 comments:

Author said...

Dang...

gcb said...

You must deadlift. Once your back is better. Start small.

Your back will thank you.

ar_kay_tee said...

I believe that's what エリック tried to get me to do one time. He swears that I'm build for something like that...can't remember if it was deadlifting or what now, though.

gcb said...

Do you have long arms and a short torso? That is the ideal build of a deadlifter.

Author said...

Yes. I said you were built to deadlift. And alas, thou art still built quite sturdily for yon deadly lift.