Monday, March 26, 2007

Birthday weekend

This weekend turned out to be very nice. I wasn't very excited about my birthday due to a lot of stuff going on at work that has had me feeling like a chicken with my head cut off, and frankly being a bit worried about my job security. But, I went out with some co-worker friends after work on Friday, and they treated me to dinner, drinks, and an amazing cake with frosting that I just can't come close to explaining. It was so fabulous.

On Saturday night, L. took me downtown The Metropolitan Grill with a couple of our friends. I had the most incredible steak, and a Pomtini (a pomogranite martini) which was really good. Then we headed to 88 Keys for some dueling piano action. They played our request for Rick James's Superfreak, and even merged it with M.C. Hammer's Can't Touch This. So, that was really fun.

Yesterday, my mom fulfilled my request for one of my favorite homemade meals. She made a mean potato salad, and her fried chicken was perfect. My sister came down with her new Schnoodle puppy, who had a blast playing with my mom's poodle. They were so cute together. My cousin brought her son, and we had a good time playing. I can't believe he's almost 2 years old already. He's so smart for his age.

In any case, it was a really nice weekend, and I got lots of phone calls from friends and family to wish me a happy birthday. It's always nice to be remembered, especially when you haven't been feeling particularly confident. It just reminded me that no matter what happens, I have a lot of people who care. And I'm sure that all of the current chaos will pass in time, just like everything else. It's just hard to remember that when you're deep in the middle of it.

No comments: