Monday, March 05, 2007

Backlash against Ann Coulter

Ooooh how I love it when the Republican golden children fall. Little could make me happier than to read that Ann Coulter is under fire for using a hateful word rhyming with "maggot" to refer to John Edwards. I actually flick her picture on book covers whenever I see them, because I think she's such scum.

In response to the backlash, she said that the comment was a joke and, "I'm so ashamed, I can’t stop laughing.” She also said that Edwards’ campaign chairman’s main job was “fronting for Arab terrorists.”

So remorseful and contemplative, isn't it? Nice words for someone who is so pious and moral.

I also love this part of the article:
“We conservatives have enough trouble overcoming the false things that are said about us without paying for a platform upon which we shoot ourselves annually in the foot,” Ridenour, whose group helped sponsor the conference, said in a statement on the center’s Web site.

Maybe if you want to overcome the "false things" that are said about conservatives, you'll stop using hatemongers like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. as poster children for the conservative ideal. Oh, and stop trying to turn bigotry into legislation in the form of anti-gay measures and other religious-backed policies. That'd be a good start...

Otherwise, we liberals will continue to associate such thoughts and actions with the conservative party. Because, I don't think we're seeing much different. Granted, Coulter is the stupid one who said it. But the actions of the conservative party often backup exactly the thinking that she and the other conservative fanatics spout from their pie holes.

No comments: