Saturday, December 16, 2006

Power is back on!

Thank you Puget Sound Energy! The power went out last night, sometime late, after I went to bed. The wind was crazy loud, and when I woke up around 3:00 to pee, it was eerily dark everywhere.

Power was out at work, so I hung out in my chair, reading in front of my nicely lit fireplace. I'm quite happy that I have a fireplace, considering I've never really used one before, but somehow remembered to pick up some Duralogs yesterday on my way home just in case. This evening, my place was down to 59 degrees, so sitting in front of the fireplace was crucial to stay warm.

L. and I ventured out to get some additional supplies and food this evening, and about a half an hour after we got back, I heard the heater come on and the cable box lit up. There's nothing quite as exciting as that moment when you realize you're back to civilization.

Anyway, I'm quite thankful that there are so many hardworking people out there getting our electricity back up!

2 comments:

The Cat said...

I'm with you ar kay.

Hey great template. Great template and great city.

Author said...

Nice, huh? I haven't had a powe routage here yet. Lots of quakes, though.

Enjoy power.