Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blinking lights

Well, the wind is rip-roaring around my place, and we had lightning and thunder earlier. The lights have blinked a few times, so I imagine they'll go out at some point as the storm picks up tonight. They're planning on shutting the 520 bridge down tonight after the Seahawks game. I still can't believe that anyone would go to a football game in weather like this. It was pouring cats and dogs on my way home earlier. Why would you want to sit in that?

I stopped at the store on the way home to get some water, food that doesn't require cooking, and a few duralight logs in case the power goes out. At least I can sit by the fireplace and keep warm that way.

The storm tonight is supposed to be similar to the Inaugural Day storm in 1993. I remember being held up in the library at school that day, and we had to stay away from the windows incase the wind blew anything into them and broke them. The power was out, and we sat around telling ghost stories, which made for a creepy time at home when I had to pee in a dark bathroom lit only by candles.

No comments: