Thursday, November 23, 2006

NaNoWriMo update

I'm still at the same word count as my last update post. But, I've decided that I'm not going to finish by the end of the month. Like most things in life, I'm terrible with a deadline and when I attempt to do something at a frenetic pace, it becomes more of a chore than a pleasure. I had the same thing happen when I wanted to turn my card-making hobby into a business. All of a sudden, the thing that gave me an outlet for my creativity turned into something that I *had* to do. No fun there. So, I'm going to keep working on my memoir and keep going with the quantity-over-quality focus, but I'm not going to worry about finishing it by the end of the month. I'm finding that by writing things down, I remember a lot more and I get off on weird tangents occasionally. So, it's a good exercise in memory and in exploration of feelings.

1 comment:

Author said...

50,000 words is a friggin' lot.

You still haven't sent me anything, though...