Thursday, November 30, 2006

I guess they don't call them "killer" for nothing

A trainer at SeaWorld was attacked by a killer whale during a performance. The whale dragged the trainer underwater by grabbing the trainers foot - twice. Talk about scary. It seems really weird, but then again, they are wild creatures. As sad as it was to see Steve Irwin die from the stabbing by that stingray, I think these are reminders that the creatures we co-exist with are still wild. And no matter how much we think we know about them, there will always be an element of danger when working with them.

Interestingly, I was watching a video of it on MSN, and they followed up with this little gem from National Geographic. Poor little sea lion - how was he to know that he'd become a mere beach ball in a game between two killer whales? At least he gets out alive, which, I must admit, surprised me.

2 comments:

Author said...

Ha! That sea lion pup thing is trippy.

I bet they just weren't hungry anymore. But, still bored.

ar_kay_tee said...

Yeah, I dunno. It's really bizarre. He must have had a pretty big headache (or whole body ache for that matter) after getting back onto land.