Friday, November 18, 2005

Weird story from Japan

As I opened a Web browser today and watched it load my home page (msn.com), I was puzzled to see the following headline: "Radish on life support after decapitation".

Before reading the article, I assumed that it must be about some poor guy or gal with a last name of Radish who was somehow decapitated but still living due to some hard core life support measures. Boy, was I wrong. The article is about an actual radish - yes, the vegetable kind - that was growing up through asphalt in Japan. Apparently this started a few months ago, but recently someone tried to kill the radish, so the Japanese are quite upset about it and are trying to save it. They've put the head of the radish in water to try and bring it back to life or to get it to flower.

What a weird friggin' story. More at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10078798/.

No comments: