Monday, November 07, 2005

Custom furniture

Over the last week, I ordered or acquired the following pieces of furniture for my new place:
  • Custom bookcases for one wall of my den in distressed black
  • Two media cabinets in distressed black
  • Three stools with backs in distressed black for my breakfast bar
  • A TV stand in distressed black
  • A white corner desk hutch
  • A white corner cabinet
  • A white coffee table with glass top and drawer to display things
  • A deep red colored sleeper sofa
  • A mossy/sagey green colored cuddle chaise
The white pieces of furniture were from IKEA and were in stock, so Kati and I put them together last week and this weekend. They turned out really nicely and will kind of brighten things up a bit since I'm going with distressed black in the other pieces and with so much color in other areas. The whole look is very Restoration Hardware/Pottery Barn. I'm quite pleased with my color choices. Unfortunately, the distressed black furniture, the sofa, and the chaise are all special orders, so I won't receive those pieces for a month to two months.

I was looking at my bedroom furniture this weekend, and it's just so beautiful. It's a nice set in mohogany and includes a lovely sleigh bed. I dressed the bed up with some fabulous aubergine and dusty rose bedding, and it looks very rich. Then I thought about it, and figured out that I spent a LOT of money on that bed, even considering I got the bed and matress at cost from my step dad. All things considered, the bed and bedding alone probably hit the $2500 range. So, I shall sleep like a princess in my beautiful new home.

I suppose that it's fairly obscene the amount of money that I've spent on furniture over the last two months, but I figure that this is my home and it's mine alone. So, I'm going to make it exactly what I want :)

1 comment:

Author said...

I have a plastic drawer stand. You can see everything inside it from the outside because it's see-through. 1000 yen.