Friday, November 18, 2005

Waxwing is calling it quits

I recently talked to the dummer from Waxwing and found out that the band is calling it quits. I'm not sure why, but it definitely sucks. They're a local band, and I got to know the drummer through an ex-boyfriend many years ago. I did find out, however, that they are having their last concerts on December 16th and 17th, so I intend to go to one of those shows.

On the bright side, the drummer's other band, Gatsby's American Dream, is doing well. And a couple of other guys that I sort of knew from that group have broken off into other projects, such as a band called Slender Means and a solo project called Blue Checkered Record Player; both of those Web sites have some of the tracks streaming, so check them out. I heard Slender Means featured on the morning show on 107.7 The End a few weeks ago, and they sounded really good.

So, those are just a few local bands that I'm into right now and suggest checking out.

No comments: