Wednesday, August 20, 2008

September "Vogue"

I just finished reading through the live blog of September's Vogue on Glossed Over. Funny stuff. I especially like the following excerpts:

11:27 a.m.: Oh, it's Candace Bushnell time! Her latest book is about a young
woman trying to make it in the big city. Innovative!
...
12:10 p.m.:
Vogue explains how to "buy wisely." Not to be confused with buying
affordably—one of their picks is a $2,750 vest made of "raw goat's hair and
leather."
12:12 p.m.: Raw goat's hair?
...
2:20 p.m.: Marina Rust
tries an electric-stimulation device that promises to firm muscles and whittle
away inches, for the low price of $180 per 40-minute session. In a shocking
twist, two different doctors think this is a scam!
...
4:14 p.m.:
Speaking of ugly stuff I can't afford, I've reached "Sure Things," a fall
accessory guide. Semantics question: can jewelry really be considered "costume"
when it costs upwards of $2,000? Nicolas Ghesquiere, I'm looking at you.

It's like reading my own thoughts. Although I love flipping through fashion magazines, there are times when I just wonder what planet some of these people are from. For instance, in the last magazine I read (can't remember which one at the moment, probably Lucky or something similarly brain-numbing), there was an ad for Marc by Marc Jacobs clothing featuring a man wearing dresses and handbags. I suppose it worked in that I remembered the ad, but it sure wouldn't make me want to buy anything from Marc by Marc Jacobs line. Very creepy.

No comments: