Monday, August 18, 2008

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Wow, it's been almost a month since I last posted. That's so unlike me. I usually try to post at least once a week. Well, all I can say is that things are going at warp speed now, and the wedding is less than two months away. We've been plodding along at getting the house in order when we're not out in the yard trying to keep the weeds picked, the flowers and lawn watered, and the trees and bushes pruned.

As a reward for shipping a product at work, everyone got to take a week off from work, so I chose this week. I'm going to meet up with my mom and my wedding coordinator for several important wedding-related appointments this week. Things are coming together, and I'm starting to get really excited about everything.

I'm a little bit stressed about the honeymoon plans simply because 1) I know only un peu French 2) I'm not familiar with public transit and we'll be using a lot of it in France and 3) although we have a place to stay for all legs of our journey, we haven't yet planned the various day trips that we'll take outside of Paris. I like to have a lot more of an itinerary than we have currently. So, we have some work to do there.

On the diet/exercise front, I'm almost done with phase 2 of the 20/20 program. Overall, it was a huge success. At the most, I lost 46 pounds, and but I've evened out at 40-42 pounds down total. This is mostly due to the stress (and inconvenience) of the move, unpacking, and various things going on in our lives with our families. I went through a bit of time where I was really disappointed to have not kept it all off, but my trainer and nutritionist have been working with me on being a bit more accepting of the big changes going on in my life and trying not to worry so much about perfection. I'm getting better at it. I'm still thrilled to have lost and kept off 40-42 pounds. Were it not for the move into the house, I think that I would have gone a little bit further, but I'm so glad that we moved when we did because it's taking awhile to get furniture and figure out how we want to use all of the rooms. After I come back from the honyemoon, I'm going to start seeing my nutritionist once a month so that I can keep in control during the holidays. And then after the New Year, I'll really hit it again and get that last 15 pounds off. I know how to do it now, but I do need a little more time to focus on it all again. There are just too many big things going on and coming up in the next couple of months to worry about losing more weight right this moment. It will work out.

No comments: