Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 17 and 18 recaps

Well, after gaining a couple of pounds in my last post about week 16, I'm now down about six pounds again for a total of 44 pounds. However, after a week of professional training (and the extensive buffets that go along with it) and this holiday weekend, I'm not holding out hopes that I'll have lost anything when I weigh in again on Thursday. I tried to be careful throughout the week, even though the buffets we had at the training center were full of lots of carbs and little protein. I did end up losing about a pound and a half in week 18 even though I couldn't be as strict with my diet as I'd have liked.

This weekend, L. and I went to the Sasquatch music festival at the Gorge, and we indulged yesterday during the concert since there was pretty much nothing available that would have fit the bill for my diet. During Death Cab for Cutie, I was uncomfortably full after eating a few chicken strips and about half of my order of fries. I ended up tossing the rest out. Before, I'd probably have scarfed down the whole thing and then some. During the day, I also had some candy, a sandwich, and some fries. And on the way home, I had small McFlurry. So, that was all off plan, but at least it was only one day. We got back to our plan today, so that's good. I realize that this is all progress, and not perfection, so that helps. And there are going to be times where the food options are limited and I have to make due with what's available. There will also be times where we'll indulge, and that's not a bad thing as long as it doesn't become a daily or even weekly habit as it was in the past.

No comments: