Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dress shopping

Kati and I went shopping today, and I did quite some damage to my bank account. I did, however, find some fabulous things to add to my wardrobe, makeup collection, jewelry box, and so on. I find it quite a blast to shop with such abandon AND be able to afford it all. Gawd, I love my job and my life. It is so great to be young and make enough money to actually have fun. I felt like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman", walking around with bags from fabulous stores.

I was desperate to find an adorable dress for the Cirque du Soleil show, "O", for when we go to Vegas in December. Unfortunately, the last few times we went shopping, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I found something that would work as a good backup dress last weekend, but it wasn't perfect. Today, I found not one, but three dresses:

  • First, I found an adorable little black dress with a V-neck in both back and front, with a nice mesh/lace overlay. It's quite stunning and will be perfect for things where a little black dress is perfect, which is for most things. That's why the little black dress is the standby of every woman's wardrobe.
  • Second, I found a beautiful turquoise colored dress, with a halter neck and hankerchief hem. It's quite stunning and it is the dress that I will wear to "O". I even found some lovely peacock feather earrings to go with it. Very Vegas!
  • Third, I found what I refer to as my Sarah Jessica Parker/Sex and the City dress. It's a lovely cream color, sleeveless, with a flowy skirt and beautiful sash. White House Black Market refers to it as the Swan Princess Dress (http://www.whiteandblack.com/store/productchoose.asp?PID=300102892). I'm not entirely sure what I will wear this dress for, but I just loved it so much that I even bought a nice set of freshwater pearls to go with it. I imagine that I'll have a Christmas party or wedding to go to at some point where this particular dress will be perfect.

In addition, I got a bunch of fun stuff for Vegas, like a cute corset top and shrug, as well as a ton of other stuff. I just love shopping. I can wait to get into my new condo so that I can go through my wardrobe and throw out some of my older stuff and make room for the new stuff.

No comments: