Saturday, October 22, 2005

Fabulous night

I'm happy to report that I had a wonderful time last night. I went to a company party in downtown Seattle, complete with an open bar at the party and a one night stay in a swanky downtown hotel that overlooked both Puget Sound and Lake Union. It was stunning. We ate, and drank, and danced, and then drank some more. It was fun to just let loose and have a good time with everyone.

As if the night wasn't going along fabulously enough, when we got on the shuttle to go back to the hotel after the party, a group of my co-workers and I ended up getting off and going to the one guy's place for more drinks and a good time of patting each other on the back for all of the great work that we're doing and how much fun we have together as a team.

Anyhow, eventually Kati and I headed back to the hotel to try and get some rest because I was moving into my new condo today. Right after we got into our PJs, my manager and her husband came in and swept us up for early morning (4:00 AM) breakfast at Minnie's. I went in my Victoria's Secret sweat pants and top, because that's pretty much Minnie's attire at that time of the day. When we showed up, the rest of the group that we had just left were there as well. Overall, it was just a funny night of running into people when you'd least expect it. Nothing like showing up in front of people you work with in VS sweats.

Oh, and the moving went well this morning. God bless my family. My step dad got my bedroom furniture all put together yesterday without me knowing it, so when I showed up today it was all ready to go. And several people from my family and a couple of friends helped lug everything upstairs today. It went quite quickly and now I'll just have to unpack everything and get my new place setup. I'm sooooo excited!!!

No comments: