Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thanks for sticking to your guns

So, Elton John performed at Rush Limbaugh's wedding reception for a reported $1 million smackers. Way to send a message that you give a flying F about gay marriage. I'm not sure what's more perplexing: that Elton John agreed to perform at a wedding for a homophobic asshat who doesn't support marital rights for gay and lesbian couples, or that Rush Limbaugh hired such an openly flamboyant homosexual to perform at such a traditionally sacred event. Though, this was Limbaugh's fourth wedding, so that's quite an example for the sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

I used to think it would be kind of cool to see an Elton John show, but now I've got second thoughts. Deep in my heart, I'd hope that he'd donate some or all of the money to a good gay and lesbian cause. Unlikely, I know, but still... It's about the only thing that would make the whole thing cool instead of utterly disappointing.

No comments: